The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is a statutory body established by an Act of Parliament, viz. The Chartered Accountants Act, 1949 (Act No.XXXVIII of 1949) for regulating the profession of Chartered Accountancy in the country. The Institute, functions under the administrative control of the Ministry of Corporate Affairs, Government of India. The ICAI is the second largest professional body of Chartered Accountants in the world, with a strong tradition of service to the Indian economy in public interest.
The main objective of Women & Young Members Excellence Committee is to mobilise the Women CAs to join main stream of the profession and to formulate & implement plans, policies and programmes for empowerment of women members.
Function/Mission/ Terms of Reference of Women & Young Members Excellence Committee
- To formulate and implement plans, policies and actionable measures for empowerment of Women & Young Members.
- To visualise the future needs of the Women & Young members entering the profession and to support them in gearing up for dynamic/challenging environment.
- To conduct specialised courses, seminars, conferences subjects of relevance to the profession for capacity building of women & young members to enable them to compete & succeed in Global work environment.
- To help the women & young members in meeting the evolving expectations of the society vis-à-vis required technical, professional and social skills.
- To conduct Mentorship programs on relevant topics wherein Successful practitioners, CFOs, faculties from Management Institutions and Chamber of Commerce, Professional experts, Industry leaders, Academician will be invited to guide and mentor women & young members of the profession.
- To explore and develop new professional avenues of practice/employment/entrepreneurship for Women & Young Members.
- To create opportunities for women & young members to train and excel in their respective interest areas of technical & nontechnical field.
- To organise Trainings Programmes, Workshops, Short Term Courses, Seminars, Conferences, Webcasts/ Webinars and Residential Course for women & young members.
- To interact with various stakeholders in various sector, self-regulatory organizations and government on matters relating to growth and development of Women & Young Members.
- To create networking opportunity for women & young members by organising meetings at branch/regional level.
- To constitute an excellence award/recognition for Women Members & Young Members in practice, corporate and having own enterprises.
- To consider the ways and means to enhance the participation of the Women & Young Members in the activities of the Institute.
- To conceptualize and come out with various Publications /Quarterly e-newsletter to assist women & young members in upgrading their skills and learning technology. The same will also be beneficial in furthering the interest of the members in writing skills i.e research, planning and outlining, editing, revising, grammar etc
- Updating and maintaining of existing dedicated portal of women members
- To deal with such other matter as the Council or the President or the Chairperson may consider appropriate.